DC612 December Meeting – Evading Digital Surveillance
Subtitled: A Crypto for you a Crypto for me.
December 5th, 6pm-8pm @ Wilde Roast Cafe (65 SE Main St, Minneapolis, MN 55414)
In recent weeks, there has been a spike of interest around the issues of digital surveillance and what options exist to lead a more private life on the Internet.
Join DC612 for a series of short presentations on evasion technologies followed by a workshop in which you may try some of these techniques yourself.
Topics covered will include
– The use of Torbrowser for anonymous web browsing.
– The use of Tails Linux for privacy protection anywhere at any time
– The use of PGP and Protonmail for free encrypted email
– The use of OTR for free encrypted real-time communication
– Considerations for selecting a VPN/proxy service
– Considerations for creating and managing anonymizing online identities
– Considerations for making anonymous purchases online
If any of these topics interest you, please join us. If any of these topics interest your friends, please pass the word about this meeting.
Feel free to bring a laptop and additionally a flash drive if you wish to configure your own live TAILS OS with us.